Water Tank cleaning & disinfection
Residential and commercial water systems in Abu Dhabi are connected to water storage tanks that are fed by the Abu Dhabi water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA). Contaminated water from ill maintained water tanks can become a serious health hazard. All water tanks and associated pipelines must be regularly inspected, maintained, cleaned and disinfected in line with UAE regulations.
We at LivingStone employs Remote Operating Vehicle (ROV) built by VideoRay, USA to inspect water tanks. The self propelled Scout X3 ROV inspection lets you see the condition of the underwater areas. LivingStone offers safe and scientific solution to clean and disinfect water tanks. The water tank cleaning process used by LivingStone is a similar six step method using state-of-the-art imported equipment and methods that are safe, effective and eco-friendly. As compared to conventional tank cleaning, we ensure faster tank cleaning for even the most neglected tanks.
- Dewatering – The water inside the tank is emptied using pumps. In order to conserve water, this precious resource will be piped into the garden. A pipe will be connected from the water tank to the garden through the corridor to remove water.
- Application of Detergent - After the tank has been emptied, a team member applies a Dubai Municipality approved cleaning agent (Zeltox) to the internal walls of the water tank.
- High pressure cleaning – The internal walls and ceilings of the tanks are thoroughly cleaned using special high pressure jet cleaners which rid the walls of calcinations, algae, and contaminants which cling on the internal surface of the tanks causing microbiological contamination to grow. The high pressure jets also remove the cleaning agent that was applied to the internal walls of the tank.
- Removal of Sludge – Organic and mineral soil, bio-film, residue, dirt, grease or other unacceptable material that formed the sludge and settled on the floor of the tank is sucked out using a pump. The sludge will be removed through the municipality connected drai
- Cleaning the floor of the tank – Any residue of sludge on the floor of the tank is cleaned and the tank is made dirt-free.
- Cleaning of Floater - The floater is cleaned.
- Refilling the water - The inlet vale is reopened allowing Abu Dhabi Distribution Company water to flow into the tank again. In cases where water connection from ADDC does not exist, refilling of the water will be done by the client and not by LivingStone